The world’s leading media investment group, GroupM is the enablement partner to some of the world’s most innovative and successful media agencies -- Mindshare, MEC, Mediacom, Maxus, Essence and m/SIX, as well as the outcomes driven media company, Xaxis. GroupM’s purpose is to maximize the performance of these WPP’s media companies by leading and collaborating in data, technology, trading, content creation, sports, finance, proprietary tool development and other business-critical capabilities.
GroupM is the media partner that enables marketers to embrace the increasingly fragmented media environment and use it to personalize customer interactions across traditional and digital media channels. With GroupM, marketers can gain a strategic advantage through the smart application of customer data, technology, trading skill and talent. GroupM’s delivers unrivaled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people.
MEC is merging with Maxus to create a new media, content, and technology agency which will be described in greater detail in the coming months. MEC has a legacy of inspiring people and exceptional results. MEC pushes the boundaries of what’s possible in order to drive growth; growth for its people, its clients and the industry. MEC is known for its rallying cry, “DON’T JUST LIVE. THRIVE.”
Some of MEC’s accolades:
- MEC is a top 5 global media company network in RECMA's rankings and has won numerous Media Company of the Year awards locally, including the UK.
- COMvergence ranked MEC first in terms of overall new business results in Q1 2017.
- MEC has recently won new business with Amazon and Daimler in China, Kaufland in Germany, and IKEA in multiple markets.
- In 2016, MEC launched MEC Wavemaker, its specialist content division that brings together content strategy, social, SEO, partnerships and experiences, and creative service expertise
Mediacom: As "The Content + Connections Agency," Mediacom works to generate a step change in its clients' businesses by producing a closed-loop system of communications across paid, owned and earned channels. Mediacom delivers not just individual silo efficiencies, but also connected communications effectiveness by developing and optimizing content as the fuel that drives high-performing systems.
Some of Mediacom’s accolades:
- Festival of Media 2017 – Agency of the Year
- Ad Age Agency A List Standout (2016)
- Internationalist Awards for Innovation in Media: Gold for AARP (2016).
Maxus is merging with MEC to create a new media, content, and technology agency which will be described in greater detail in the coming months. Maxus’s hallmark is growth. Maxus helps brands grow through excellent media communications thinking, thinking that leans into the changing technological and cultural environment. With technology, data and culture colliding all of the time, the thing that drives Maxus and its clients is its philosophy on leading change. Change is the only constant in the marketing equation. Therefore, Maxus believe in creating impact, not [just] buying audience.
Some of Maxus’ accolades:
- Best Place to Work – Maxus Canada (2016)
- Effie – UPS (2016)
- ANA Reggie – Illinois Office of Tourism (2016)
- Social TV – Universal (2016)
- Pearl Award – Church & Dwight (2015)